One (1) Regular Full Time Position
Location: Lac La Biche, AB
Posting End Date: 27-AUG-2018
Salary Range: $36.86 – $48.37
Vehicle Requirement: Driver's License, Vehicle Provided
Discover your unique niche in nursing as part of the Mental Health Travelling team! As our Registered Nurse, you will be working to promote and protect the health and well-being of individuals, families, groups, communities, organizations and populations throughout Area 7 for make an impact on the lives of Albertans.
Travel is an integral part of this team to rural and remote communities in the North Zone, including rural Indigenous communities in order to provide services and promote culturally appropriate care/services to Indigenous people. As a member of the Mental Health Travelling Team, you will be facilitating the provision of holistic care to Indigenous people and their families, promoting respectful relationships with pertinent stakeholders, facilitating Indigenous client/patient- and- family-centered care while building an understanding and trust between Indigenous clients and our healthcare system and/or processes.
As the successful candidate, you are self-motivated, energetic and a critical thinker. You will use nursing processes that include: assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, education, anticipatory guidance, implementation, preventative and screening measures, referrals and evaluation as appropriate.
This position is based in Lac La Biche, a growing community where we pride ourselves on our clean air, unobstructed views, and hospitable nature. We are the regional centre for business, health care, education, and government services. For the outdoor enthusiasts, we have over 150 beaches throughout our region. For the days you want to be inside, we have the Bold Centre, a 227,000 square foot recreation, entertainment and education facility!
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
• Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
• Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
Additional Required Qualifications:
• Two (2) years' experience within the last five (5) years' in Public Health or in Mental Health nursing.
• Possession of a valid driver's licence.
• Fleet vehicle will be provided.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including travel to rural and remote communities throughout the year.
• Understanding and respect that some individuals choose to combine Western medicine with traditional Indigenous healing practices.
• Experience working in rural or remote communities.
• Able to speak or understand any one of the Indigenous languages spoken.
Apply online and join our team today! Go to Ahs.ca/careers and click on Apply Now, then search for requisition number: ALB00026872