Anishnawbe Health Toronto
Our mission: to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal People in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within a multidisciplinary health care model.
Community Mental Health Nurse
Full-time continuing position
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, a fully accredited community health centre, offers access to health care practitioners from many disciplines including Traditional Healers, Elders and Medicine People. We seek a qualified candidate for the Community Mental Health Nurse in our Mental Health Unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in a multidisciplinary mental health team providing triage, assessment, brief counselling and plans of care to address mental health issues
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate Circle of Care plans in consultation with appropriate health care providers and clients or other stakeholders
- Develop services in community settings as required and assist in building support networks
- Provide mental health advice, support and information to clients/their families/service providers
- Evaluate the needs of individuals using direct interviews, interactions with individuals and discussions with other mental health professionals
- Participate in clinical case management meetings, case reviews, case conferences, and ethical reviews and other methods of staff supervision and support
- Contribute to chart documentation
Qualifications & Experience:
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse in Ontario
- Membership in the RNAO and ANAC
- Experience and understanding of issues affecting the Aboriginal population in an urban context
- Two years’ experience with case management, mental health counselling and assessment
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in a single document, with your name and “Community Mental Health Nurse” in the document name. If you have questions about the process, please call 416-920-2605 x.332
CLOSING DATE: March 5, 2020 by 5:00 pm
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a supportive workplace environment.
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.