We are seeking an Indigenous Knowledge Keeper, Facilitator and Cultural Advisor.
The Advisor will work with CARNA, CARNA’s Provincial Council and CARNA’s Indigenous Advisory Committee to increase our collective understanding of Indigenous perspectives and build our cultural capacity in governance and operations.
Your primary responsibilities
• Assist our organization to ensure a supportive, respectful and safe space for Indigenous people
• Lead the assessment of CARNA’s current organizational Indigenous cultural competency
• Act as a liaison and cultural facilitator for CARNA’s Provincial Council and Indigenous Advisory Committee
• Develop and implement strategies to strengthen relationships and exchanges between CARNA and local Indigenous Nations
• Knowledge of the protocols of one or more of the local First Nations’ communities
• An appreciation of the unique history, cultures and rights of Indigenous peoples
• Lived experience of Indigenous ways of knowing and being and an interest or experience with the health/healing field
The position is anticipated to be a temporary, 12 month term, 0.80 FTE (4 days per week), with the flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of the selected candidate.
If you have a track record of building and sustaining collaborative relationships, we’d like to hear from you.
We offer an excellent compensation package, regularly celebrate accomplishments and milestones and host team events.
If this position interests you, we invite you to submit a resume via email quoting file CS-4420 to email@example.com by September 4, 2018. Thank you for your interest!