Improving the health and well-being of Indigenous individuals, families and communities through wholistic Indigenous, Traditional and Western health care.
Primary Care Team Lead
Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000
De dwa da dehs nye>sis seeking a full-time Primary Care Team Lead. The Team Lead will direct and supervise medical services and allied health team members, ensuring that the team works in consultation and collaboration with area First Nations, and other relevant health and social service organizations and providers. The Team Lead will be responsible for all primary care specific projects and quality improvement initiatives. The successful candidate will demonstrate an alignment with De dwa da dehs nye>s mission, vision and guiding principles.
De dwa da dehs nye>s is committed to ongoing outreach, working in a circle of care approach, providing services in a culturally safe and relevant manner, working within a team based and supported environment, and to delivering services within geographies served by De dwa da dehs nye>s.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage all medical, allied health and support staff and services;
- Oversee and ensure the effectiveness and optimization of services including referral processes; appropriate charting, appropriate consultation and follow up, scheduling, program safety and delivery, etc;
- Ensure effective and comprehensive use of the organization’s electronic medical record system;
- Ensure all team members maintain a high level of professional knowledge and skills through participation in necessary professional education and training, including a priority on cultural safety;
- Ensure compliance of health professionals with regulatory standards;
- Participate as a leader in organizational and partnered quality improvement initiatives;
- Manage general program responsibilities including budgets, funding report submissions, etc
- Ensure that cultural safety practices of the organization be carried;
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS:
In addition to requirements for the position, the ideal candidate would also possess some of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a degree specific to a Registered Nurse and/or relevant Allied Health discipline;
- Current registration and in good standing with appropriate regulatory body;
- Five year’s work experience in a management capacity and specific to community based primary health care - First Nation or indigenous setting preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in budget management, staff supervision, privacy, incident investigations, occupational health and safety, funding reports, resource allocation, etc;
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management – ie. new initiatives, research, etc;
- Experience in blending western and traditional health practices, preferred;
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures, history, traditions and local communities, an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, and written communication skills within an electronic environment, mandatory;
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s abstract;
- Clear vulnerable sector criminal record check, required.
100% Organization Paid Benefits
- Health Benefits
- Employee Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Life AD&D Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Life and Disability Insurance
- Long Term (LTD) Benefit
- Dependant Life Insurance
- Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOP) with Immediate Eligibility
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Human Resources
Aboriginal Health Centre
678 Main Street East
Hamilton ON L8M 1K2
Nya:weh / Miigwetch to all applicants
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Deadline to Apply:
Open until filled
Please note that ONLY complete applications with cover letter will be considered.
Preference is given to candidates of Indigenous Decent.
De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre has developed a compensation philosophy that will allow the organization to retain, motivate and develop talented people who share our values and contribute to our success.