Job No: 111754
Location: Wasagamack, MB
• Looking for a lifestyle change or a new adventure? Great opportunity for a Registered Nurse to provide care to our clients located in Wasagamack First Nation!
• Enjoy a competitive salary while living and working amongst breathtaking scenery.
• Finish each day knowing you have truly made a difference in the lives of others.
Build a rewarding career with Four Arrows Regional Health Authority & Wasagamack First Nation
The Four Arrows Regional Health Authority is dedicated to improving health conditions and health services in the Island Lake Region which is made up of four First Nations communities - Garden Hill First Nation, Wasagamack First Nation, Red Sucker Lake First Nation, and St Theresa Point First Nation.
The Wasagamack First Nation is located on the western shore of Island Lake approximately 607 kilometres northeast of Winnipeg. Island Lake covers a total area of 1,223 square kilometers, making it the 6th largest lake in the province. The landscape is part of the Canadian Shield and is home to diverse wildlife and breathtaking scenery, including boreal and coniferous forests, rugged lake shores, and rolling hills. The population of Wasagamack is approximately 1423.
Air transportation includes an airstrip and air terminal which are maintained at St Theresa Point with chartered services to the community.
For more information please see our website.
About the Opportunity
The Four Arrow Regional Health Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Public Health Nurse (.75 EFT) to join our team.
Under the direction and supervision of the Tribal Nursing Officer, the Public Health Nurse will be responsible for providing professional public health nursing. This will entail assessing, improving, and maintaining the health of at-risk individuals, families, and the community through health promotion and disease prevention services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Implementing and maintaining standards of nursing care, nursing policies, procedures, and protocols related to Public Health.
• Providing services aimed at the promotion of health and the prevention of disease in individuals, families, and groups.
• Conducting immunizations.
• Overseeing nursing quality assurance by ensuring competencies and evaluating performances along with client satisfaction.
In order to qualify for this role, you will be a registered nurse in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba. You must also have a Bachelor of Nursing Degree complimented by two years of community health nursing experience.
As our ideal candidate for this role you will also possess:
• An immunization certification.
• Experience in Public Health Nursing.
• Knowledge and appreciation of traditional healing and cultural traditions of the Island Lake people.
You must also have a clear criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check and child abuse registry check.
Above all, you must be a self-motivated and team-oriented problem solver who has the ability to take ownership of your work. Preference will be given to Island Lake First Nation members or individuals with knowledge of the Anishininew language.
About the Reward
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you'll receive a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience.
You'll also be entitled to excellent benefits including medical, dental, and a registered pension plan!
If you're looking for a new and rewarding challenge, apply to join our team today!
To apply for this role please go to https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/111754