Associate Dean, Faculty of Health
Associate Dean, Faculty of Health - Competition ID: 763
As Canada’s only polytechnic university, we offer you the opportunity to make a positive impact on your community through a meaningful career working in a collaborative and inclusive culture. Join us and put your thoughts into action.
About Kwantlen Polytechnic University
At Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) we combine academic excellence with practical, hands-on and experiential learning opportunities that prepare our graduates for successful and rewarding careers, while also providing them with the critical understanding necessary for good citizenship.
We ensure that our graduates are prepared for a lifetime of learning and re-learning so they can adapt to the fast pace of change in the workplace and in society at large.
Located in the Lower Mainland region of British Columbia, KPU offers a diverse range of credentials – including certificates, citations, diplomas and bachelor’s degrees – designed to successfully meet the evolving needs of regional and global employment markets. We offer work-integrated and service learning, connections to business and industry, and a supportive learning environment.
Our post-baccalaureate and graduate diplomas further enhance opportunities for working professionals to augment their knowledge and skills.
With programs in Arts, Business, Science and Horticulture, Health, Design, Trades and Technology, English language studies, adult upgrading and qualifying studies, KPU has proudly served the South Fraser Region of the Lower Mainland since 1981.
KPU has five campuses: three in Surrey, and one each in Richmond and Langley, with nearly 1,500 employees and over 20,000 students.
KPU is seeking an Associate Dean for the Faculty of Health. The Associate Dean is an integral member of the Faculty of Health leadership team, working closely with the Dean, Director of Professional Studies, and the Divisional Business Manager to provide strategic and day-to-day administrative and educational leadership to a group of diverse departments and disciplines.
Want to know more?
Visit our careers centre at: https://www.kpu.ca/hr/career-opportunities
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction, analyze situations, and develop effective solutions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, collaboration, and team building skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills and a record of effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to build leadership capacity in the Faculty by hiring, mentoring, and coaching faculty.
- Ability to respond well to working under pressure and resolve complex issues in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of academic programs, and a commitment to academic excellence; ability to advance the quality and content of programs, courses, initiatives and the student learning experience; budgeting; strategic planning.
- Strong organizational skills applicable to operational and logistical tasks.
- Experience developing and implementing new programs an asset.
- Knowledge of faculty management processes and a demonstrated ability to set a tone of support and respect.
- Intercampus travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
What education & experience should you have?
- Doctorate in a related discipline is preferred. A Master’s degree is a minimum requirement.
- Proven success in a leadership role with progressive responsibility.
- At least five (5) years of teaching experience, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Experience working in a unionized academic environment preferred.
- Experience working in a teaching-intensive post-secondary institution is an asset.
The Faculty of Health is based out of our Langley campus, however intercampus travel is required.
Ready to Apply?
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.kpu.ca/hr/career-opportunities and search competition id 763
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates will be reviewed on April 14, 2021, however the position will remain open until filled.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
For inquiries or recommendations related to this position, please contact Jessica at the below email. Please note, only applications submitted online will be considered.
Human Resources Business Partner