Posting # M-2021-0022
Position # 0041PDF file M-2021-0022 Coordinator of Current Services - Mistissini
COORDINATOR CURRENT SERVICES (0345)
DEPARTMENT: Miyupimaatisiiun Center Mistissini (720166)
WORK LOCATION: Mistissini
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Intermediate Manager
STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
SALARY: Class 38: Min. $77,926 - Max $101,304
SYPNOSIS OF THE FUNCTION
Reporting to the Director- CMC, the incumbent contributes to the planning, organization, coordination and support for the delivery of Current Services, of the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centre (CMC). The incumbent collaborates with the Director CMC and the first line CMC coordinators to provide healthcare and social services to the population. The incumbent serves as a liaison, coordination and support point amongst all concerned managements for the CMC Services. These responsibilities are for the Current Services’ laboratory, radiology, pre-dialysis, hemodialysis, dentistry, pharmacy, archive and Wiichihiituwin.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures the responsibilities for programming of services delivered in the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centre according to the CBHSSJB’s clientele approach and Cree culture. This includes:
- Crisis intervention; assessments; referral services and liaison services;
- Outbreak detection and management Nosocomial infection prevention program;
- Pre-dialysis and hemodialysis services;
- Pre-hospital and emergency services.
• Contributes to the leadership, and the planning, organization, coordination and support for the development and programming of the Current Services programming, and the incorporation of such in policies, procedures, protocols and tools.
• Collaborates in the planning, organization, coordination, and support for the development and integration of the professional practice standards into the tactical level of services planning, and the incorporation of such in policies, procedures, protocols and tools.
• Ensures the supervision, quality assurance and on-going evaluation according to the policies in place.
• Provides advice, coordination and assistance to other CMC Coordinators for specific aspects of operational management, as requested or directed.
• Advises the Director CMC on current services, health, social, allied and clinical matters.
• Collaborates in the identification and planning of coordination and continuity mechanisms for the 24 hours per day services, and, response to any clinical or other emergency, as required.
• Collaborates in the development of clinical and management information systems.
• Provide general diagnostic and treatment service for acute health and psychosocial conditions.
• Ensures that the programs and services provided are based on respect and autonomy of individuals and communities, and respond to their bio-psycho-social needs as well as cultural and spiritual needs.
• Contributes to the implementation and supervision of the Quality Assurance Program, the norms and standards of quality and interventions, and the satisfaction of the clientele served.
• Ensures the implementation of mechanisms for the professional supervision of the staff, and their professional and clinical activities, and programming. Contributes under the leadership of the DPSQAs and the DMAS in the design and evaluation of such. Participates with the Quebec Orders or Associations on the professional inspection process, in collaboration with the DPSQAs and the DMAS.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor degree in Nursing and member of the O.I.I.Q;
• Five (5) years of experience in service/program planning, management or supervision in a current services multidisciplinary team setting. A specialization in a relevant area is an asset.
Knowledge and abilities:
• Good knowledge of the MSSS network, regulations and programs for General and Current Services and nursing practice in a Community Health & Social Service Center (CLSC) and Hospital Ambulatory;
• Good knowledge of and experience with acute and current nursing, health and social services in a first line community health clinic and hospital ambulatory unit, and its related theory, practice, current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and program manuals and quality assurance systems;
• Good knowledge of pre-hospital services, old age-related health care, and community health prevention and promotion approaches is an asset;
• Good knowledge of multidisciplinary team functioning and leadership;
• Ability to manage the planning and development of new services and programs;
• Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context related to First Nation health and social services;
• Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Miyupimaatisiiun (traditional methods) healing practices is an asset;
• Ability to apply Eenou/Eeyou culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
• Knowledge of Cree culture and language is an asset;
• Northern health care experience is an asset;
• Good interpersonal communication, clinical and community health leadership and respectful teamwork skills;
• Ability to effectively collaborate with line managers in a matrix organization;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
• Methodical, organized, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
• Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills as applied to planning;
• Good working ability with administrative computer applications, especially Office applications.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
• Willing to travel;
• Includes on-call periods.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7 / 35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.