Opaskwayak Health Authority is seeking a qualified individual to fulfill the role of Home Care Nurse at Opaskwayak Health Authority.
Reporting to the RN Case Coordinator - Home Care, the Home Care Nurse is responsible for promoting, protecting & preserving the health of OCN community members through services directed to home care clients. The Home Care Nurse provides holistic care & practices nursing as defined by the Registered Nurses Act & in compliance with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice & Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics; cares for & directs the overall care of clients; is responsible for advocating, providing information, educating & supporting clients to ensure that the highest possible standard of service is provided; follows OHA policies & procedures; works in a multidisciplinary team & may be called upon to assist with other duties within the scope of the department.
• Baccalaureate Degree – Nursing
• College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba active registration
• 2 years of experience in home care nursing
• Child abuse, criminal record & adult abuse registry checks
• Valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s license & daily access to a vehicle
• Satisfactory employment record including attendance at work
Closing Date: January 7, 2019 at 4pm. No late submissions will be accepted.
Applications Must Include:
• A cover letter that clearly indicates how you meet the position requirements
• Resume • Copy of credentials (licenses, training, education)
• Three professional letters of reference (colleague, supervisor or manager) – or – contact information for same (include position / title, current place of employment, phone number & email)
• Criminal record, child abuse registry & adult abuse registry checks (or indication that they have been applied for)
• Personal contact information (phone & email)
Your application will not proceed to interview without the above information. To obtain a complete job description, for additional information or to apply for this position please contact or submit your application to:
Carol A. Buchberger, Human Resource Manager
Opaskwayak Health Authority
Box 10280, 245 Waller Road, Opaskwayak, MB R0B 2J0
Please mark all correspondence “CONFIDENTIAL”
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.