Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services Position Overview and Responsibilities If you have ever wanted to explore the beauty of northern Saskatchewan, practice autonomously to your full scope, embark on a journey of nursing like no other, then we have what you are looking for.
We currently have multiple positions in Pelican Narrows, Deschambault Lake and Southend. Our nursing teams are comprised of RN’s, RN (NP)’s, RN (AAP)’s and LPN’s. RN (AAP)’s working in the expanded role and RN (NP)’s provide primary health care and numerous community health programs to our community members. The Primary Care Nurse Practitioner reports directly to the Nurse Coordinator.
All of our sites have visiting physician services as well as visiting specialist clinics. Our nurses work in a collaborative role with other members of the health care team (remote or on-site), to provide primary health care to community members utilizing a holistic approach. In addition, our nurses provide emergency on-call services after hours and during weekends/holidays.
Qualifications • Bachelor Degree in Nursing;
• RN(NP) – must be registered or eligible for registration with the SRNA (Saskatchewan Registration Nurses’ Association) • Preference will be given to those with experience in Emergency, Primary Care or Northern nursing
• Assets include current certification in ACLS, PALS, ITLS
• Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license;
• Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills;
• Self-motivated and able to work independently;
• Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance & Vulnerable Sector Check;
• Ability to speak Cree is an asset;
• Strong desire for continued growth and learning;
Salary & Benefits Salary: $ 51.07 to $ 64.70 per hour (depending on Education & Experience) Benefits: PBCNHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Northern Allowance, Extended Health Care and Pension. Housing: Furnished lodging units will be provided free of charge;
How to Apply Please send resumes and cover letters with professional references to: Zishan Nasir, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org P.O. Box 339, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 5R7 Telephone: (306) 765-1430 Fax: (306) 953-0899 * Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.