We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join our team in providing health care services in an oxygen/IV Therapy Clinic in Fort McMurray, AB. The successful candidates will ensure that patients are provided with quality care at all times and provide informed therapy for COVID illness.
This position offers competitive wages, travel in/out reimbursement and ample living out allowance. In addition, our shifts are flexible and negotiable to fit your current schedule.
• Intake, assess, monitor, provide treatment and discharge patients
• Complete patient care reports and other health documentation in a thorough, professional manner, adhering to privacy and document control procedures
• Provide wellness counseling, out-patient advice and advocate with external agencies for patient transfer or discharge
• Organize, maintain, inventory, track consumption of and order clinic supplies
• Adhere to strict infection control procedures and PPE donning and doffing guidelines.
• Listed and searchable on the CARNA website as a Registered Nurse and in good standing with no outstanding conditions
• Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) certification
• Experience in an emergency or critical care setting is an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How Medika North protects staff from COVID-19 infection
• Daily Rapid Antigen Screening, temperature monitoring and mobile health screening questionnaire
• Full stock of quality PPE, gentle sanitizers and infection control signage
• Workplace environmental design to ensure staff areas do not share air space with patient areas
• Strict infection control protocols including decontamination stations between patient and staff areas
• Duration of Position: 3-6 months
• Start Date: As soon as possible -Shift 1 and Shift 2- May 16th
• Shift Rotation: 12 hours day or night shifts with 7 days on and 7 days off (Shifts are flexible and negotiable to your current schedule)
Medika North is a local indigenous owned Health Service company, supporting the First Nation’s in Wood Buffalo and surrounding areas in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Medika North is here to serve the community by providing dignified and compassionate care with a culturally holistic care model to the programs we offer.