Corporate Office Assistant
CANADIAN INDIGENOUS NURSES ASSOCIATION
The Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association (CINA) is the oldest Indigenous healthcare provider organization in Canada (47 years). Representing Indigenous nurses across all regions, CINA has a proven track record in building trusting relationships and has multiple long term established partnerships with NGO’s, Indigenous healthcare and related organizations, and First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities. CINA participates in many multi-stakeholder groups and is called upon to address parliamentary and senate committees on behalf of Indigenous nurses and communities.
- The Office Assistant is a highly skilled and experienced in various secretarial, clerical, and administrative strategies.
- The Office Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administrative support of the organization to ensure that services are provided in a professional, effective, and efficient manner.
- The Office Assistant must be able to understand and support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success of the Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association. (CINA)
- Establish and maintain a complete filing system whereby all reports, operations, and correspondence are controlled and filed properly
- Perform clerical functions, prepare letters, memos, post, and distribute correspondence
- Respond to general inquiries
- Provide office support services (supply inventory, filing, maintenance of office equipment, receive, direct, and relay telephone and fax/email messages)
- Coordination of meetings and events where required
- Provide support to CINA staff as required
Education and Experience:
The candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in office administration. Postsecondary education and experience in working with Indigenous communities and organizations is an asset.
Work Experience and Knowledge:
We are looking for a candidate who has excellent interpersonal skills and someone who is consistent, reliable with an attention to detail and an ability to balance work on several projects on a time. Our team is small and requires someone who is able to work flexibly between roles with exceptional knowledge of various computer applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and web based platforms).The successful candidate will demonstrate an outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems, pay attention to accuracy and effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
This is a fulltime position (with possibility of extension and pending funding) based on a 37.5 hour per week. Some flexibility may be required to work outside regular office hours as CINA Executives and project stakeholders may reside in multiple regions across Canada. The Corporate Office Assistant will work in Ottawa and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000 per year
Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons of Indigenous ancestry will be given preference [s.16(1) CHRA ]. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a covering letter clearly illustrating how they meet the criteria along with a current resume, and (3) work related references to:
Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association
Interviews will be held virtually. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CINA may cancel, postpone, or revise opportunities at any time.