CINA’s Nominate a Nurse or Midwife Campaign is now open!
Help us recognize amazing Indigenous nurses and midwives across Canada in 2020. Nominate someone you know (or yourself!) to be featured in CINA's campaign. We will be featuring a different Indigenous nurse or midwife each month from June 2020 through December 2020.
Submit your nominations to email@example.com and answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the nurse or midwife, and what is their contact information? (CINA would love to contact them to ask some questions, and thank them for their work!)
- What makes them so great at their job?
- How has their work contributed positively to the community?
Nominations will be accepted until 7 days before the start of the month. Any nominations received after this date will be held and considered for the following month. For example, nominations for June are open until May 25th.
CINA’s team will review all submissions and select one nominee to feature each month. To be considered, all of the following criteria must be met: 1) The nominee must be an Indigenous nurse or midwife; 2) All three questions listed above must be answered by the nominator; and 3) The nominee must consent to being featured, if living.
Thank you for helping us to celebrate Indigenous nurses and midwives this year!
Featured Nurses & Midwives
- May 2020: Tanya Davoren!
- June 2020: Nicole Marshall!
- July 2020: Karen Anderson!
- August 2020: Sandi Howard!
- September 2020: Rachel Radyk!
- October 2020: Melissa Stevenson!
- November 2020: Mavis Sebastian!
Current open nominations:
December: Open til November 25th